The search for the best golf balls depends on various aspects of your swing, but regardless of whether you are an intermediate or a tour player, having the right golf ball is essential for enhancing your game. Here are the best golf balls reviews. We consider which balls you should be looking out for and why.
Callaway Supersoft Golf Balls
Callaway has combined its HEXAerodynamics with the lowest compression golf ball available to create this long, straight distance ball. This two-piece ball comes in Blue, White, Orange and Yellow colors.
The customers had this to say “it has a very soft feel off a wedge, a low trajectory and sharp bite on the second bounce. Certainly feels soft, but stopping ability wasn’t as much as expected due to the compression Also, it does not spin as much as expected.”
One disadvantage is that it lacks a little control around greens
Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls
Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls
It has a 3-piece construction with a compression of around 65. This is lower than the majority of balls used on tour.
It features a new as Softfast’ core, which deforms on the face at impact, retains energy as the ball compresses and returns to its original shape quickly.
It also has a soft and durable tour urethane cover that brings about excellent control on the greens.
Titleist Pro V1 (2015 Model)
Titleist adopted a new cover creation method called Thermoset rather than make the usual urethane cover. This makes the cover softer for a better spin control. The new Pro V1 has slightly long-game spin and a penetrating trajectory for a shallower angle of descent for more roll.
Some users had this to say “The 2015 Pro V1 seems to settle down a bit quicker with chips around the green due to the softer cover. It is easier to get a little grab on the first bounce or two, but it still moved on to the hole without abruptly stopping.
With the putter, 2015 Pro V1 felt and sounded softer, but still went the same distance. The sound and the spin are as good, if not better than before, but it is the longer shots where there is a noticeable difference.”
2015 TaylorMade Tour Preferred X Golf Balls
Tour Preferred X golf ball has a slightly flatter trajectory with identical performance off irons and woods. Its biggest visual change is the 322 simple pattern that looks hexagonal.
The Tour Preferred X and Tour Preferred models are made with similar performance around the green and off the tee. The Tour Preferred model, however, is for players seeking more spin on iron shots.
Other features include:
• Spin Mantle” Technology – for Inner layers designed to promote consistent approach shot spin.
• REACTTM Core – boosts soft feel and fast speed off the driver. New Soft Tech” Cover – it is a softer cover material improves greenside spin and control.
• Seemless LDPG) 322 Dimple Pattern – enables moving ball flight for more distance into the wind.
Bridgestone 2014 Tour B330-Rx White Golf Balls 12-Ball Pack
• New Hydro Core
• Re-engineered Dual Mantle
• New softer Tour proven Urethane cover
• Dual Dimple Technology
• Seamless Cover Technology”
This Bridgestone golf ball is designed for amateur swing speeds of below 105 MPH. Due to a softer Gradational Compression Core, this tour-performance ball gives longer and straighter shots. This ball also has a cover of soft Urethane, for excellent greenside control, making the shots more accurate and controlled greenside.
The Reengineered Mantle layer enables greater workability and higher repulsion hence it is designed to reduce spin for longer distance.
Dual Dimple Technology increases roll, greater distance and creates more consistency in the wind Seamless Cover Technology” gives uniform dimple coverage, on the whole ball surface
Some user’s opinions are: “very high ball flight, with extra distance off tee as compared to other similar premium balls.”
Srixon Men’s Q-Star Golf Balls (1-Dozen)
The new Srixon Men’s Q-STAR is redefining game improvement with golf balls. It is engineered for the average golfer. It has more control on the greens and more distance and accuracy off the tee. It features Spin Skin technology for more feel and control from 30 yards and below.
The Q-STAR has the perfect combination of spin control around the green and distance off the tee. Combined with its superior soft feel and visual performance of Pure White, the new Q-STAR is one of the most advanced 2-piece ball.
• Developed to optimize the energy transfer to the ball for better ball speed resulting in greater distance.
• Made to increase distance on the driver as well as providing unparalleled stopping power on approaching shots.
• Configured to provide great touch and feel on the greenside.
• Designed to produce a powerful ball flight that maximizes distance moved regardless of weather conditions.
Kick-X Golf Tour Z Premium Golf Balls
• The ball features an aerodynamic tour-soft cover. A soft, urethane cover will gives golfers an exceptional ability to control spin with success and perfect feel around the greens
• The Kick-X Golf Tour Z power enhancement core casing creates a polymer energy transfer allowing enhanced control and maximum power.
• The metal Fuzion core an impact reactive metal infused core that give golfers the highest level C.O.R. for long distance off the tees.
C.O.R. (Coefficient of Restitution) is the ratio of the relative velocity after impact to relative velocity before the impact of two colliding bodies. It is equal to 0 for an inelastic collision and 1 for an elastic collision.
Professional opinion by Bruce Fleisher, former Champions Tour and PGA Tour player: “It’s unbelievable around the greens, it’s softer, I’m hitting it further, and you can control its spin.”
Wilson Staff Fifty Elite Golf Balls, Pack of 12
The golf balls is made of a soft rubber core and 302 PhD aerodynamics that is provided by flat-bottomed and shallow dimples. They help eliminate drag for a straight and stable flight.
The 2-piece, 50-compression design offers distance and a soft feel.
Some users reviews are: -“This ball is soft and launches well off the club face.”
-“They feel like a more solid hit when I strike these than with a few others.”